Here we stand at the Genesis
As the world is awakening
A new day will start again
Here we stand at the Genesis…
As you may or may not be aware, February 1st, 2019 is National Wear Red Day, as a part of the Go Red For Women campaign supported by the American Heart Association. Heart Disease is the number 1 killer of Women, and today i’m going to talk a little bit about it, and the Go Red For Women Movement. If this isn’t your thing, then feel free to scroll down to the credits and i’ll see you next time. ♥
We focus so heavily on Cancer in our lives… “the big C”… and with as much advertising and fundraising and research and commercials that we see about Cancer, we’d think that it is the largest killer of humans in general, Man or Woman. But did you know that Heart Disease kills more women annually than ALL forms of cancer COMBINED?
Think about that… every woman that dies in a year of ANY type of cancer… more women die that year of Heart Disease alone. That is… scary to think about. Especially as a woman with heart problems myself and Heart Disease that runs in my family, among a myriad of other diseases.
Because of facts like this and how little it is talked about, we are encouraged to wear Red on February 1st to kick off American Heart Month in February 2019.
Want to join me and several others, both in SL and in RL to support the health of the women you love? Here are some ways, as suggested by Nashville Medical News!
- Wear red today to raise awareness of Heart Disease and its effect on Women specifically. 1 in 3 women die of Heart Disease or Stroke. Try to think about 3 women that you care about, and think about what you would do if you lost one of them to Heart Disease or Stroke…
- Make a donation at GoRedForWomen.Org. OR if you have a Local CVS Pharmacy, you can make a donation there in-person February 3rd-23rd, 2019.
- Encourage the women in your life to take advantage of CVS’ FREE Heart Health Screenings every Thursday during the month of February. Even though Valentine’s Day falls on a Thursday this year, they will not take a break – they will still do free screenings on the holiday as well! These screenings will be done at CVS MinuteClinics.
- Join the conversation on social media using the hastag #NashGoRed!
80 percent of Heart-related issues can be prevented by Education and Lifestyle management… 80 percent. Most of us know this, most of us know that all it takes is a little more information and a little more willpower to make necessary changes, but sometimes we need that extra push. Make sure you’re (supportively!) pushing the women in your life to make good choices and educate themselves – not just in February, but all the time. ♥
Shape || Mine
Head || Genus Head Baby Face (W001) | Genus Project
Body || Lara Body (v4.1) | Maitreya
Skin || Dariya Skin (Tone 007) | Glam Affair
Eyeshadow || Second Nature Shadow | MJN
Lipstick || Plump It Up Gloss | MJN
* Hair || Long Beach (Reds) | Exile Hair
* Top || Vickie Top | Just Because | Collabor88 (January)
* Skirt || Alma Ruffled Skirt | Blueberry | recent!
Nosering || Bento Piercing Set 03 | Suicidal Unborn
* Necklaces || Let It Be Love Set | LaGyo | Cupid Inc | new!
Rings || Ouija Ring Set | Yummy
Pose || Selfie Vol4-2m (includes phone prop) | FoxCity
Location || Xaara
Blogging Tune || “Here We Stand” – Hidden Citizens ft. Svrcina