There’s something about You
It’s when You get angry, You have me at Your mercy…
And You’re like the shoulder to turn to
Cause certain things mend us when we’re hanging on for dear life
We held on so tight…
Lately I’ve been getting back into freeform poetry written for speaking aloud… and so don’t be surprised if a lot of my posts become sharing some of these with you – like the last post I did, and my post today.
(Original work by Harmony – written 9/22/18)
People often ask me why I question myself so much.
How I can sit here as recently as tonight and question myself, my work, and my ability to stand up here and speak to any of you.
How I can question each word as it pours from my lips and at any point I could just…
But you see, I dwell in a world where nothing I do is ever good enough.
I am never enough.
My work is never enough.
My heart is never enough.
And so how can I expect my words to be enough?
I don’t write like you. I don’t write like them.
I don’t talk like any of them.
I don’t have fancy words or a four octave range… I only have the ability to write how I speak, speak how I think, and think with how I relate to the world.
And sometimes, to put that out there in front of 50 people I don’t know?
Have you TRIED to bear your soul to a stranger? Do you know how petrifying that is?
So let me just go back and sit…
Have several seats.
Cause every time I open my mouth to speak
The groans and wails of negativity meet me and drag me down deeper.
So when You tell me to Stop It, and tell me ‘you got it’… when you tell me You’ll be right here with me…
Don’t You see.
Unless you can scream
Louder than the negativity
I will always be
Because I don’t have fancy words or a four octave range… and I only have the ability to write how I speak, speak how I think, and think with how I relate to the world.
I can only be me.
And I’m not used to me being good enough for any of you.
Shape || Mine
Body || Lara Body (v4.1) | Maitreya
Skin || Miranda Skin (Mixedtype Tone) | Deetalez
* Hair || Trouble (Browns) | Exile Hair | Hair Fair 2018 | new!
– Hair Fair is an annual charity event for Wigs for Kids. Hair Designers – and non-hair designers who decide to tackle hair for this wonderful cause – create exclusive releases, and a portion of EACH sale made from their booth goes to Wigs for Kids!
* Jacket || Ana’s Blazer | Cynful | Collabor88 | recent!
* Dress || Ana’s Dress | Cynful | Collabor88 | recent!
* Chair&Pose || Classic Contemporary Chair (Wood; White) | Figure 8 | PocketShop (HQ) | recent!
* Table || Steampunk Coffee Table | Figure 8
Panel Wall || Lighted Pallet Wall (Walnut) | Tarte | Uber | new!
Location || Home
Blogging Tune || “Certain Things” – James Arthur